Funeral Home employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap
Published On : 2018-03-13 06:49:43
<< Back to previous

Huntersville, North Carolina | An employee of a local Huntersville funeral home died this morning, after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.



According to the Huntersville medical examiner, 48-year old Kenneth Brooks decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.



Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Jenna Davis, one of Kenneth Brooks’s coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.



Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee, and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.

The police have opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr Brooks’s death.



Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death. 




Source: Ghanaweb




      Refund Policy| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions